I had a really really horrible start into the day today, so here’s some cute animals to help everybody feel better.
interests (random selection): vampires (real ones), queer issues, epistemology, horror (watching/writing), writing, fire (worship), otherkin, sci-fi (reading), bdsm (feral pet), unusual movies, identity construction, body modification, sewing…
i am vegan, a sober addict, trans, a black swan, pan and poly, a redhead, a dragon, pagan (non-denominational animist), a freak, a lover, uncategorisable.
ask me things.
things i liked.
I had a really really horrible start into the day today, so here’s some cute animals to help everybody feel better.
I frequently fuck this up myself, but this is important in adult sex education. (Or really, any age sex education.) If you go “LOL holy shit you don’t know that about your own body?!?” to someone’s question about their body, you are not encouraging them to learn more. You are strongly encouraging them to never ask you a question again.
If someone believes that they can’t get pregnant during their period or that it’s abnormal that they have a lot of hair around their genitals, the correct answers are “it’s less likely, but you can still get pregnant” and “nope, it’s totally normal.” The correct answer is not rolling your eyes and going “OH MY GAWD LOOK AT THE STATE OF SEX ED IN THIS COUNTRY.”
I’m all for rolling your eyes at the sex ed system, but when you do it directly after someone asks a question, that’s not just a political observation, that’s an insult. And very few people want to ask delicate questions about their genitalia to someone who might insult them for it.
(image source: xkcd)
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Has anyone else gotten an autism diagnosis in adulthood and your autistic traits became more pronounced? I partly know why mine have. I’ve been easing up on trying to appear NT and to let my natural traits show more, such as stimming and not forcing myself to make as much eye contact.
There are other traits, however, that are coming out and I’m not sure why. I seem to be becoming more sensitive to, and annoyed by, certain sounds and loud noises. I also feel like I now need more alone time than I did before.
Has anyone else experienced unexpected autistic traits showing up, or becoming more pronounced after your Dx?
I wouldn’t say my traits became more pronounced after my paper diagnosis. They definitely became more pronounced as I entered adulthood, though. After high school, you’re suddenly expected to have way more executive function than what was required of you in high school. It could be the case that it was having adult responsibilities, rather than having a paper diagnosis, that made your traits get more expressed.
I don’t know for me…. I’d say some traits did get more pronunced (like my hypersensibility to some smells, I really can’t stand cigarette smell) others stayed the same or changed in other ways.
I’m not (yet) officially diagnosed, so lets say self-diagnosed in my late thirties (but it’s complicated, my partner (officially diagnosed) and my mother are both convinced i am autistic, i’ve been reluctant to call myself that, but i definitely do show many traits).
I’ve very clearly been doing a lot more stimming, and allowing myself to do stimming in public. Part of it is certainly a new and better understanding of what it is i’m doing when i stim. Another part is being around my partner, and both of us stimming, makes it a much more normal way of expressing ourselves.
With other traits i think it’s mostly a matter of understanding what’s going on there, and that these traits are autistic and not just weird, and therefore perhaps noticing them more? At least that’s how i understand myself these days.
EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO HERE AND VOTE TO RECTIFY THIS INJUSTICE.
I can’t vote for most of these because since i’m only in the pertwee era, I don’t feel honest voting when the vote include characters i didn’t meet yet
But yeah help is needed because also BARBARA WRIGHT IS ONLY AT 28.84 PERCENT IN FRONT OF THE BRIGADIER.
COME ON BARBARA NEEDS HELP
SHE IS TOO AWESOME TO BE LET WITH THAT LITTLE.
Always vote for Marthe Jones!
And for Barbara too! I really don’t like the brigadier, he’s a militaristic asshole who all to often sets laws as more important than morals.
"You can tell a lot about someone by the type of music they listen to. Hit shuffle on your media player and write down the first 20 songs. Rules: No skipping! Then pass this on to 10 people"
Tagged by theboycalledcrow (thanks, this was fun!)
First 10 are from Slacker Radio, Second 10 are from my phone. If I did this on my laptop there would be at least one Frank Zappa. Probably much much more. Looking at it, I see no pattern. Maybe there is one and I can’t see it.
- Van Halen - Runnin’ with the Devil
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- De La Soul - Me Myself and I [Radio Version]
- Grimes = Vowels = Space and Time
- Blondie - Dreaming
- Al Stewart - Year of the Cat
- Regina Spektor - Us
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Oblivians - Rockin’ in the Graveyard
- Lily Allen - The Fear
- Kanye West - Flashing Lights
- Negro Problem - The Statue Song [LIVE]
- Beastie Boys - She’s Crafty
- D’Oyly Carte Opera Company - The Mikado, Act 2: Brightly Dawns Our Wedding Day
- Negro Problem - Omegaville
- Steely Dan - Chain Lightning
- Roxy Music - In The Midnight Hour
- Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man
- WAX - California
- Soul Asylum - Summer of Drugs
Taken from my starred section on Spotify, which I think holds a rather narrow selection of music that I like (a whopping 526 songs). My old laptop might be better, but it’s not up to date…. If I could remember my Pandora password that might yield a better result. I really gotta get my music together. :P
Regardless I think this is a pretty solid list, even if it’s not the most accurate.
- Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels
- Daft Punk - Crescendolls
- The Police - Don’t Stand So Close To Me
- Gary Jules/Michael Andrews - Mad World
- Deftones - Mein
- Russian Circles - Philos
- Elton John - Levon
- David Bowie - Sweet Thing (Reprise)
- Gorillaz - Demon Days
- A Perfect Circle - Thomas
- David Bowie - Don’t Let Me Down And Down
- Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
- Steam Powered Giraffe - Ju Ju Magic (Live)
- Simon & Garfunkel - At The Zoo
- Steam Powered Giraffe - Prelude To A Dream
- David Bowie - Everything’s Alright
- Lole Y Manuel - Tu Mira (Kill Bill 2 Soundtrack)
- Silversun Pickups - Common Reactor
- David Bowie - It Ain’t Easy
- David Bowie - Art Decade
The next song that came up was by the Pixies, and the list has no Justice, who I love. Or Radiohead. It’s skewed by the fact that I starred literally every David Bowie song. I love Bowie, but I don’t listen to him as much as this list suggests.
Thanks artlung for tagging me in your list, which totally has a pattern. A pattern of awesome. :)
edited to take out things i haven’t actually heard (because there’s a lot of that in my collection)
1. Okkervil River - It Ends With A Fall
2. I Am The Avalanche - Always
3. Barenaked Ladies - Be My Yoko Ono
4. France Gall - Cet air-la
5. Green Day - Whatsername
6. Cold War Kids - We Used to Vacation
7. The Features - Fats Domino
8. The Taxpayers - Louisiana Hot Sauce Rainy Nights
9. Aquabats - Tiny Pants
10. Pete Yorn - So Much Work
11. Badly Drawn Boy - Say It Again
12. The Little Mermaid Soundtrack - Main Titles
13. Her Space Holiday - Sunday Morning (Where Are You Going)
14. Andrew Bird - Skin Is, My
15. James - Laid
16. Say Anything - The Writhing South
17. Pete Yorn - Strange Condition
18. Adam Green and Binki Shapiro - Here I Am
19. Jimmy Eat World - Get It Faster
20. Elliott Smith - Taking A Fall
tagged by tinyseacreature as y’all can see
- doctor - priests
- asleep on a train - mum
- long gone - kylesa
- fairytale in the supermarket - the raincoats
- the very thought of you - billie holiday
- rim shot - erykah badu
- smallpox champion - fugazi
- back to the garden - jason webley
- chapter 30 - jk rowling (chamber of secrets)
- timebomb - dee dee ramone
- viscera - android lust
- bitch - meredith brooks
- little earthquakes - tori amos
- moon over asbury - the bouncing souls
- pin heel stomp - the 220.127.116.11’s
- a friend - krs one
- cold war - janelle monae
- do you still hate me? - jawbreaker
- watch her disappear - tom waits
- shadows - warpaint
if you read this you can consider yourself tagged if you want/ignore it if you don’t
1. Helium Vola - Liod 1
2. Noir Desir - Des visages des figures
3. Die Toten Hosen - Keine Ahnung
4. The Mission UK - Wasteland
5. Deathstars - Cyanide
6. Yann Tiersen - Bagatelle
7. Sex Gang Children - Dieche
8. U.N.K.L.E (featuring Thom Yorke) - Rabbit in Your Headlight
9. Nim Vind - Killer Creature Double Feature
10. Sinéad O’Connor - Never Get Old
11. The Hillbilly Moon Explosion - Brown eyed boy
12. Mono für Alle - Langweiliges Leben
13. And Also The Trees - Vincent Craine
14. Evanescence - Swimming Home
15. Manu Chao - Merry Blues
16. Emilie Autumn - Scavenger
17. Samsas Traum - Meine Augen sind Sterne
18. Corvus Corax - Filii Neidhardi
19. Radiohead - Faust Arp
20. Voodoo Zombie - Camino de Sangre
This is rather eclectic, and doesn’t mirror my listening habits at all. I will usually listen to a very small selection of albums (3-5) exclusively for a week or more, then go through a day or two where i listen to albums more or less randomly, then fixate on another small selection of albums exclusively. I almost never listen to individual songs. I think it’s a rather wide selection of styles, and also of languages (5 to 6 languages in this list, depending how you count (does old german count?)), and that is pretty accurate. Definitely missing from this list is Gogol Bordello.
With the tagging, do it if you want, otherwise nevermind. ^^
my boyfriend is one of those 5000 ;)
i am thankful for tumblr and selfie culture because i have the ability to just open my web browser and visually experience a diversity of bodies and looks, being presented the way they want to be, in a way i never had growing up.
seeing fat women, curvy women, women of color, queer women, controlling their image and oozing self love and adoration has seriously inspired me to change my motivations from changing my appearance to fit a socially constructed ideal to changing my outlook to fit myself.
in some ways, it saddens me that i have to put forth so much extra effort to surround myself with diverse images of women, and that i have seriously had to bombard myself with them for any internalization of body positivity to take place, but ultimately i’m thankful for every moment of unlearning of the confinements of patriarchal beauty, because that unlearning has been absolutely central in my progress on a path to self-acceptance and love.
I think this video might interest you guys.
4 days ago, Olivia Olson confirmed that Marceline and Bonnibel have dated before. The reason it has been confirmed is because the new Adventure Time book coming out soon may have details on their relationship, and their relationship obviously can’t be aired on TV because some states of America (and countries in the world) are against same-sex marriage and relationships.
But yeah, they have indeed dated before.
Can we also talk about official Bubbline art drawn by Natasha Allgeri, former character designer and story board artist for Adventure Time, and now Showrunner of Bee and Puppy Cat!?